Thursday, December 2, 2010

Celestial





This has been a fun basket.  I needed to create a basket for a show and this one just came together with only a few adjustments!  The agate in the bottom is one that I have had for years and never quite found the moment to use it.  It happened to be sitting next to some Aventurine faceted pendants I had purchased at another time.  Voila!  It was fate.  I had even been clever enough to buy the small Aventurine filler cubes too.  I made much of this basket sitting on the porch of the "White Cottage" At Spanish Point in Nokomis, FL.  It's a beautiful tourist attraction overlooking Little Sarasota Bay.   The beauty of that place is reflected in the colors of this basket.  I demonstrate there on Tuesday afternoons with other members of our guild.  Come by and say hello.

Approximate size:  9 x 8 x4
               $ 250

No comments:

Post a Comment