Thursday, September 19, 2013

Precipice


When I purchase a stone for the base of a basket I look for something different and distinctive.  This Butterfly Jasper is one of the more distinctive pieces.  The stone has such depth with colors of green and brown.  I took a trip o to Norway and I remember being a very high lookout on top of a fiord and looking down at the valley far below.  That's what this base resembles:  snow topped glacier flowing water into a green valley.  The Prehnite pendants on the sides are like amber in that they are translucent and have shades of gold and green with darker black specks resembling insects.  I put in some small citrine beads in the upper edge.  The pendants are sized differently so the coiling of my Muhly Grass does not necessarily come out even in the end.  Hence the addition of the citrine nuggets.  Lots of subdued color in this basket.  It was also entered in the Dimensions in Art show at Naples in September.

Approximate Size:11 x 9 x 4 inches

No comments:

Post a Comment