Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Between the Waves

  I just purchased this stone in the spring on my buying tip to North Carolina.  I was attracted to the deep greens and peach colors of this Ocean Jasper stone which are very different than what I have seen in the past.  There is also a section of exposed crystals which gives the base a shimmer and sparkle.  The Aventurine pendants and beads are a perfect color match to the peach in the base.  I also used some green thread touches on the sides to bring out the various greens of the stone.  The cost of the base was pricey but well worth it for the finished basket.  I am told that the availability of Ocean Jasper is small for the price has increased dramatically. Luckily I bought five pieces with this being the largest.
Approximate Size: 11 X 9 X 4.5 inches

No comments:

Post a Comment