Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Carribean Ice

This base stone I have had for several years.  I went way overboard in purchasing this piece because it is called  Larimar.  Larimar is a stone only mined in the Dominican Republic and used exclusively in jewelry.  Many people wonder why a larger size basket may be less expensive than a smaller size.  It's all in the price of the materials.  The pendants included in the Muhly Grass coils are Amazonite with Laimar chips for accents.  I did price a a string of Laimar beads:  over $300, so I passed on them!  This is a very distinctive color and a wonderful detailed design in the stone.  No, I won't be making another one.  The price of Larimar has tripled since I bought this piece.


Approximate Size:  9 X 7.5 X 3.5 inches

No comments:

Post a Comment