Monday, November 30, 2020

Jade Jubillee


 This basket is made from coiled Muhly Grass which grows in my flower beds.  I harvest it in the heat of August and set it on racks to air dry in the dark.  Luckily I have a barn where my husband gives me a small corner. The grass making this basket is from last year so it still has a green hue since it has been in the dark for a year.  I add Florida Long Leaf pine needles and coil them with Irish waxed linen thread. This design is on an agate slice base and this pine needle basket nests inside the Muhly Grass basket. The pendants are African Green Opal, the beads are from my mothers Jade necklace. This basket within a basket design is unpredictable.  I never really know exactly it's outer image.  It just evolves. 

Appoxomite Size:

12 x10 x4 inches



No comments:

Post a Comment