Thursday, August 10, 2023

Dream Me a Dream


 Last year a dear friend was side swiped by a truck as she walked home from our day at the Fiber House.  This lead to a long recuperation and lots of physical therapy.  I had just started a new pine needle class where we designed a modified dream catcher.  I made this one for my friend to help her with her recurring dreams of waking to see the grill of a truck on top of her.  It seemed to have worked for she is much better today. This dream catcher is begun on an 6 inch ring and with the added Muhly Grass makes the ring about 11 inches.  I added pygmy date palm inflorescence and various other dried seeds.  This model has been great for my beginning students.  It gives them a chance to practice sewing the coils without having to worry about shaping a basket.  The finished project is beautiful and gives the student encouragment to try another!

No comments:

Post a Comment